Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Second Anniversary to TALES OF THE EASILY DISTRACTED!



Great heavenly days! As of August 22nd, 2012, Tales of the Easily Distracted (TotED, for any newcomers) is two years old today! Where the heck does the time go?   Time to party!

Timber-r-r-r! Could Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) throw a shindig, or what?

What a difference two years makes! I’ve made so many friends, and I’ve read so many fascinating and entertaining blogs, and learned so much more about classic movies than I ever imagined. I also got the hang of Blogathons, thanks to talented folks like Page Inciardi from My Love of Old Hollywood, as well as Becky Barnes from ClassicBecky’s Brain Food, who, along with my sweet and supportive hubby Vinnie Bartilucci and our favorite inspiration, our 15-year-old daughter Siobhan, gave me the courage to put on my own Blogathon this past July, The Best Hitchcock Movies (That Hitchcock Never Made), for which I continue to be grateful!  The support from my family and friends also spurred me to finish writing and polishing my suspense novel The Paranoia Club, and thanks to my wonderful editor Nicole Bokat (if you need a great editor, Nicole is your go-to gal!), I’ve finally begun sending queries to agents. I know getting published is a long, hard road more often than not, but I’m going to give it my all; nothing ventured, nothing gained. Wish me luck!

Revisions, revisions, always revisions!
( Kate Hudson and Luke Wilson in Rob Reiner's Alex and Emma)

Thanks so very much, everyone, for welcoming me among all you wonderful people in the dark—and out of the dark, for that matter!  Here’s to another year of film fun and frolic, with many more to come, I hope!



Our favorite contemporary Oscar-winning actor 
and all-around nice guy Adrien Brody approves!

Interested in the origins of TotED? Check out the link below!


12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Dorian and wow, I'm so glad I stopped by to see Adrien! I approve too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve, you're a sweetie! Thanks ever so much for your kind TotED anniversary wishes, my friend, and of course, I applaud your excellent taste in film stars on account of our mutual admiration for Adrien Brody! :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on what to you is an accomplishment and what to me is one of the most fun places on the 'net. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caftan Woman, you're a sweetheart, and I'm so glad TotED made it possible for us to meet online and become friends! Many thanks for your kind anniversary wishes, and I'm looking forward not only to more TotED, but also continuing to read and enjoy your own awesome blog!

      Delete
  3. I was wondering where you'd been. Finishing up the novel, I imagine. A friend of mine just finished her first novel, too. Seems like a bunch of people I know are writing books lately. Well, save me a copy when it's ready to go.

    My blog just turned two last week. Something about August must be the right time to start one. Happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich, thanks for your nice Happy Blogiversary wishes for TotED -- and even more importantly, BEAUCOUP congratulations on your own 2nd Blogiversary for Wide Screen World! I look forward to more great blog posts to come from both you and us here at TotED! :-)

      If by some bizarre twist of fate anyone here has yet to read and enjoy Rich's great blog Wide Screen World, what are you waiting for? Here's the link:

      http://www.widescreenworld.blogspot.com/

      Between family things here at Team Bartilucci HQ (including summer fun with our daughter, what with the great summer weather), finishing polishing up my novel THE PARANOIA CLUB (and soon working on polishing up my second novel, SUBURBAN OUTLAWS), it's been a busier summer than I anticipated, but in good ways, not to put the whammy on it! Anyway, I'm looking forward to catching up on your blog as well as my other blogger buddies' blogs; time just got away from me, but I intend to catch up ASAP! Thanks for being a patient pal, Rich; you're the cat's tuxedo (high praise here at Team B HQ)!

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogaversary! Wow - two years is a real milestone, considering the hard work you put into each blog. And us readers are grateful for it! :)

    Also, glad to hear you enjoyed the "Singin' in the Rain" screening the other night. It's fabulous on the big screen, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, thanks for your very kind TotED anniversary wishes! Much obliged for your praise, my friend! And all of us here at Team Bartilucci HQ agree with you wholeheartedly: while SINGIN' IN THE RAIN is great fun anywhere anytime, it's truly at its most fun and fabulous seen on a great big movie screen the way the movie gods intended! :-)

      Delete
  5. Nice job Dorian!!! My how the time does fly... So many great blogs to read, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, thanks so much for your good wishes for TotED's 2nd Anniversary! You're so right: "So many great blogs to read, so little time..." But I'll do my best to catch up with you and our fellow bloggers! :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy Belated 2nd Anniversary to TotED! The best darn blog if ever there was one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaucoup thanks for your kind Happy Blogaversary salute, Joey! Truly, you're a sugar bowl with two handles (a high compliment here at Team Bartilucci HQ)! We're looking forward to more Blogaversaries to come, as well as more suspenseful fun and frolic from you at THE LAST DRIVE-IN! Thanks again, my friend!

      Delete