Monday, March 11, 2013

The Mary Astor Blogathon is Coming in May!



May 3rd through May 10th, 2013
Co-Hosted by Dorian Tenore-Bartilucci of Tales of the Easily Distracted
and R.A. Kerr of Silver Screenings.

It all started in February with the CMBA’s recent Fabulous Films of The 1940s Blogathon.  For my TotED post, I blogged about one of my longtime favorites, the World War 2 comedy-thriller Across the Pacific (1941), starring three of my favorite classic film stars, Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet.  (They were all awesome in The Maltese Falcon, too, of course, but I’m sure others would love to tackle this classic; don’t want to be greedy!)  As the comments rolled in, it became clear that many of us participating in the Blogathon also love the witty, beautiful, versatile Ms. Astor!  (As a bonus, Mary has always reminded me of my Auntie Joy, my wonderful Mom’s older sister; but I digress…)  I began to joke with other bloggers about the possibility of a Mary Astor Blogathon, and people were liking the idea, and happily, a Blogathon was born!

This wouldn’t be strictly a CMBA blogathon, but simply a fun, casual affair open to all who love Mary's movies, and wish to participate.

While we won't keep people from doing the same films, we will let everyone know what films have been "taken" on this page, so you can keep track. 

Young Mary Astor anxiously awaits the Blogathon in her honor!
To sign up, visit the main Blogathon page and leave a comment with your info, or contact either myself, Dorian Tenore-Bartilucci or R.A. Kerr to ask any questions!

Click for more details about signing up for our Mary Astor Blogathon HERE!